“Assisting the Province to reduce greenhouse gases, add value to forest fibre, and maintain jobs for workers and communities are some of our key objectives.”
—Wayne Clogg, Board Chair of the Forest Enhancement Society of BC.
The purposes of the Forest Enhancement Society of British Columbia are:
To advance environmental and resource stewardship of British Columbia’s forests by:
- preventing and mitigating the impact of wildfires;
- improving damaged or low value forests;
- improving habitat for wildlife;
- supporting the use of fibre from damaged and low value forests; and
- treating forests to improve the management of greenhouse gases.
- To advocate for the environmental and resource stewardship of British Columbia’s forests.
- To do all such other things as are incidental and ancillary to the attainment of the foregoing purposes and the exercise of the powers of the Society.
FESBC IS PART OF THE BC FIRESMART COMMITTEE
The BC FireSmart Committee provides crucial leadership at a provincial level to help communities prepare, prevent and mitigate the impact of wildfire.
FESBC is proud to be one of seven FireSmart Committee members collaborating on this important work. Mitigating the impact of wildfire not only aligns with our purpose and mandate but is also something we’re passionate about.
Visit the BC FireSmart website to learn more or to order FireSmart materials: firesmartbc.ca